General Service 5" Swivel Casters manufactured by Hamilton
General Service GS Series casters feature a 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" top plate and are constructed with steel parts “cold forged” under a 1,000 ton press, a process that rearranges the molecular structure of the steel to provide greater density at points of stress. Mirror-smooth double ball raceways are the result of coining under extreme pressure, and then hardening for long life. Zinc plated finish is standard on all GS swivel and rigid rigs.
- 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" Top Plate
- Cold forged steel mounting plate and horn base
- 1/4" plate steel Legs, formed for increased strength and continuously welded to horn base
- Permanent rivet type kingpin, 5/8" diameter heat treated steel
- 1/2" Diameter axle bolt with lock nut
- Hardened and polished steel balls rotate in two smoothly coined, case hardened raceways